Monday, August 23, 2010

An evening with Peepli [Live] and my villagers

Today we watched Peepli [Live] movie. That reminded me of many things. 

Before we reached to the theater I purchased some Rakhi for my brother and D (on behalf of D's sister). I bought total four rakhis: 2 normal one 2 with the cards; and they cost me 250/-. He was not at all ready to reduce the price.


While we were watching the movie, I was virtually in my village 'Janivilli'. The songs and the instruments used for the song "Mehengayi dayan khaye jaat hai" reminded me of my village 'bhajans' being sung during the evening times. One thing that struck my mind is we are watching this movie in this A/C theater, and the villagers are sleeping in the bed placed outside the house, in the open air under the vast stretched sky, in company with the mosquitoes. The cows would be few inches away from their bed. The village would be dark, with some mud candles (diyas) burning near the doors.

During 'Rakhshya Bandhan' festival my cousin sisters get us some 'Rakhis' and they cost around 1- 10/-. That too if it is 10/- it's very costly for them. I am feeling so bad for I am leaving a pretty good life with not much worrying about the food at least. 

What am I doing for the other members of my family who are not so blessed as me. Can I do anything for them? Even if I do something for them, will they be open to my ideas or my help? D has been trying a lot to help his siblings. My father has tried a lot to help his siblings. By seeing this I don't see my help directly to them would be appreciated much. However, I would help them for sure, may be in another 5-6 years, in a different way.

I feel the Swades movie concept just doesn't apply to the Indians who stay abroad, but also to the people who stay away from their native cities, states.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie as it reminded of my childhood in my village. And it definitely gave me some idea as to how the news is being made. I feel like not just questioning the politicians, but also the journalists of today too. I enjoyed the picturisation of the movie, the acting of the actors, the director for the small small details that the entire team has taken care of, the sites they have chosen for shooting, the music instruments they have chosen for he songs. Nathu is the one who took my attention in that movie. I liked his character for he was listening in most part of the movie. He was speaking a lot through his eyes and his silence and his eyes. Oh! it was awesome, and I can guarantee people who have already been to some village and stayed there for at least 5 days can definitely correlate this with their village's daily events.

Enjoy people.. Aamir khan has choosen a truly nice concept and you would appreciate it only if you open your heart to listen what he is trying to show us.


~ Smile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...