Thursday, February 18, 2010

Trip to Guhantara - the cave resort

It was a trip arranged by D's company, Real Soft Inc. It was the last Saturday of the 1st month of the New Year. It was an annual meet with fun, games, song, fancy dress competition, rain dance, award distribution and food... food... lots of food. Ah! How I forgot about the drink! Yeah, there was this huge number of bottles and a few drinkers dancing around the ground.

We started at around 10:30 AM with D's girlfriend, Honda City. We took the outer ring road to reach silk board signal. From there we took the BTM road and moved towards Nice Road. BTM - I can't forget the traffic there. We touched the nice road and then took the road towards "The Art of Living International Centre". After we crossed the centre it was village area. Had a glimpse of one big lake and a small one; the cows, villagers, foreigners, temples, large patches of trees. We took a right turn to enter one of the colonies in the village. At first I wondered how come a resort is there in a village. But yeah, it was in the outskirts of the village. Guhantara - an underground cave resort. The road was not at all good, was full of small rocks and pebbles. There were small banners with the facts about the largest tunnel, mountain, river, animal, mammal etc. It was fun to drive slowly (obviously you can't drive fast in that road) and read the details and move ahead.

Finally we reached. It was 1 o'clock already. We parked our car. The guard guided us to the underground. We signed the register and took the underground path to reach the venue. When I reached there I could not believe the venue was so historical. It looked like a cave with these huge pillars. There were semicircle shaped stair cases. And the in the middle was the stage. It appeared as a miniature of the historical theatre of Rome. We sat down and watched the fancy dress competitors. They were having fun.
We settled down with D's friends and their families. I took some snaps of the competitors. After a while we had some snacks and then lunch. Mean while they had the singing competition. It was fun. The singer would choose a song from the list they provide. They have the corresponding music. You sing along with the music and it feels as if you are actually the singer of the song. I took part in the competition and sang my favourite song, Anuradha Paudwal and Kumar Sanu's "Dil hai ki maanta nahin" title song. The DJ gave me the song lyrics and I practiced while having Lunch.

When he called me to the stage I sang my song along with the lovely music of Nadeem-Shravan. I did made some mistake once for I was nervous and the pitch slipped. D came in front of me quickly and took some pictures so that I don't feel nervous by seeing him. I came back to the track and continued. I felt so good with the support of D. Its just few months of our marriage with lot of struggle to adjust with each other, to mould each other to the taste of other. I truly felt that the roof that has gone away when I left my parents home, has again come back. It was a nice experience and those who know me they showered compliments. It always feels good when you receive compliment. Anyway... There were few other people who sang Hindi, Kannada songs.

Afterwards the DJ called people for Rain Dance. People had great fun there. Even the small kids they entertained the viewers a lot. Neither D went for the Rain dance, or me. However, D went for swimming, as he loves to swim. I was the woman with the camera there. So, I carried on with my photography. They quickly finished their Swim and we started for sightseeing. We came out of the tunnel from another way.

The outside was green, with variety of trees and flowers. There were table and chairs made of cement and were beautiful. The flowers at some places were arranged beautifully. I took a whole lot of pics of the flowers and the sceneries.

After a while the award ceremony began. The DJ called me to give a complimentary free entry coupon. Afterwards D's company gave some complimentary awards to the winner of the various activities and games they had conducted. I got the prize for the singing competition. Yahoo... Finally I could sing in front of an audience and got a prize. Thanks for Toastmasters International, where I got a platform to get out of my public speaking fear. They had various awards for the employees. After the ceremony everyone went to play ground for some out door games.

It was almost end of the afternoon and the evening was slowly drifting towards us. D and his friends played cricket. Some played volley ball and some badminton. Some married women were taking care of their children, thus could not enjoy anything else but enjoyed their children's activities.

I experimented a bit with the camera to take the sunset photographs. Some came out beautifully. Gradually it was night and everyone came back from the playground to the grass land. We sat down there and had some snacks. My head was aching by that time due to the sun and hunger. As soon as I had a chicken kebab, wow, I felt so good. I had few more varieties of snacks. It was too cold outside and thus they arranged for the bonfire. Some people danced around it with the DJ playing the songs. Some savored their drink. And soon we had our dinner as most of them wanted to reach home earlier. It was already 10 when we started for home. D was too tired and had trouble driving his GF. It was dark everywhere. Somehow he managed to drive with his right leg paining enormously. He wasn't able to fold his leg and thus kept his leg on accelerator continuously.

Finally we reached home and it was 11:30 by then. We reached early due to no traffic. Though it was tiresome, but it was fun and enjoyment. I took so many pics, around 895 pics. The underground resort was good, the food was nice and the nature is just lovely. They say you will forget all your tensions. Truly I could sense and feel that. It was good to be away from the kayos city life for a while. Its a good place to go with your family or team and have some fun and food. I would recommend this resort and would give a 4 star to it.

Few of my shots are here:

♥ ~ Smile

4 comments:

Swamy Gowda said...

Colorful Snaps!!..awesome Feb 18

Anonymous said...

kevin vattakatte - cool outing.. and a gr8 description.. ur "TIGER" :-)2:07 am

Anonymous said...

Bolde Gnanadev - great photos great travel story gayatri Feb 18

Unknown said...

I like Guhantara resort and and I love Guhantara resort

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...