Monday, February 22, 2010

My Friend - Part 1

My Friend - CSR, she is my best friend. My C - a friend I cherish in my life more than anything else.

I remember even today the way we had met for the first time. It was my 8th standard when I moved from a co-education school to a girls' high school. One of my friends from our colony took me to my section - H.

She introduced me to the monitor of the class. Her name is A. A took to me to the middle row as it was bit vacant and asked me to take a seat. I sat on the 1st seat of the row. Girls were going in and out of the class as it had not yet started. After a while C came and saw myself sitting there. She became furious and got irritated. She came to me and asked me with an arrogant voice, "Hey, leave my place. It's mine." Well, it was my first day so I had no option but to listen to her. I asked the person next to me to move a little to the right. She did not. So, I had to move to the corner seat next to the wall. That was definitely not my choice of seat, but again no other option left. So, that's how we had met. We never spoke to each other after that day. We never exchanged anything. Not even looks. However, there were two sentences which I used to say to her, almost every Mon-Sat. "Hey, leave me the space to go inside." "Hey, let me go out."

We did that for almost 1 year or a bit more than that. When we moved to 9th class, we had no classroom for us. Thus, they used to divide the entire class to go to section A to G. There was no such section H physically then. The first day of my 9th class - I was assigned section E. She too was assigned to the same section. I reached a bit late to the class that day. When I reached there I found all the chairs are occupied and there is no place to sit. There was always competition for seats. I went to the last row and stood there. I had some so called friends then with whom I used to share my knowledge, especially Mathematics, and Tiffin box. I asked one of those friends D, who was sitting next to me, to allow me to share her seat. Well, she said it's small and won't be able to occupy me. She refused to share her seat with me. I didn't say a word afterwards. I stood there and kept my bag on the floor. C was sitting there at the corner. She was noticing everything. She kept quiet for a while and then called me. I looked at her and then turned back. She again called me and then asked me to sit with her. I said the same thing that D had told that it's small and she won't be able to sit comfortably. She still insisted upon me coming there. So, I did. I sat on half of the chair and she did on another half. We continued that for that day. Next day we arranged one more chair and we sat together. We started talking to each other. I use to draw and paint - she too. We started liking each other from that point. It was Drawing/Painting which brought us closer. We started experimenting with drawing, colors. She used to write poems. I used to write stories. We shared that too. She began to write stories and I began with some small poetries. We became very good friend. And one day we thought of teaching a lesson to D, as we found her gradually to be selfish and mean.

Every Monday, morning we would found the chairs will be shuffled because of cleaning activity and thus there some time shortage of chairs in the class. Students would bring chairs from other class. One Monday, we reached class early and there was shortage of chairs. Everyone brought their chairs. Except D as she was late and by that time Class Teacher was on the room. So, there was no chance she could peep into other class and bring a chair. Initially we thought of sharing the chair. However, when I recollected the incident with me, I hesitated. Poor lady stood for some time and then sat on the floor the entire day. The next day too, the same thing happened. Third day, we felt a little awful and thus allowed her to share until Interval. After that we asked her to arrange a chair from the other class.

With time passing by C and I became very close friends. You could say that we are soul friends now. When we were in 10th C thought I would lose contact when we would move to different colleges. However, by that time I had started liking her so much that I used to share everything with her. She became my best friend. And I could not think of losing her by any chance. I told her I would never ever disconnect the friendship with her. I still strive to be the way I was in school. However, sometime due to additional responsibility I am unable to give her time. But yes, we are in touch even today.

We have shared a part of our life with each other that it's almost impossible for anyone to take us from each other's soul. Even if someone tries to damage our thoughts, we would be alive in our heart, in our soul forever. She is like a second mother to me. She is so caring, so affectionate and lovable, so understanding that sometime she takes over my mother's place. Since my 9th standard I have shared more time with her than with my parents. We have met each other hardly 7 - 10 times in these 9 years. She is coming here this weekend and I am so excited to meet her and to spend some time with her. My fair lady will soon move to my current city. And we would live our school days again.

God! I wish you to please let our lives go smoothly with that child alive in us. May God bless us!!

♥ ~ Smile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...