Sunday, February 21, 2010

The simple gesture @ Rajdhani

Today we went to Rajdhani restaurant in Forum Value Mall  to have "Rajdhani Thali - Ek Khandani Parampara". Myself, D and my brother B went together. We had delicious food there. As soon as we reached there and I said the person at the entrance, table for 3. He gave me a genuine smile and said, "Yes ma'am, seats are available. Just go inside and our people would help you out."


We went inside and yes we were asked to choose the place to sit. We choose the place near to the "Rasoi" i.e. Kitchen. Immediately the people who serve various dishes rushed to our table and started arranging everything and served us food. We had some chapaatis, puri, 4 variety of curry, 3 types of Daal, kadhi, 6 varieties of sweets, salad items, chutney, pickle, 3 types of rice (plain rice, khichdi, and curd rice). Wow... it was amazingly delicious. 

After we had the food, being satisfied we moved towards the entrance.  I asked asked my brother to hit the dholak. He was a first timer to he did hit it slowly, creating a very low noise. He was scared that it might turn into pieces if he hits hard. Thus, the person at the gate in the traditional Gujarati/Rajasthani (both state's traditional dress is same) dress said, "Sir, hit it hard". But my brother was too shy, so the person and the gatekeeper both asked me to hit it hard, "Ma'am, please you hit it". NOTE: He had already seen me hitting it hard making a huge sound. I did as they said and this time too it made a hug sound. And everyone was happy. He and some other people said loudly (no shout - as they didn't even call each other by words or voice. They just show their hands and their fingers with their codes. 4 for Curry, 3 for Daal etc.) "Hajoor!!". As we were leaving I looked at the gatekeeper to give him a smile; he said, "Thank you ma'am!!", with proper eye contact with me and a genuine smile on his lips and eyes.

After a long time I heard a proper 'Thank you' with appropriate gestures. I was waiting for the proper Thank you, especially at the places where we go and eat.  I have received some proper 'Thank you's before too, in various other shops. I love to visit those places often. But I had not heard one in any of the Restaurants or Hotels. After 5 years I could hear a genuine 'Thank you'. I am use to go to Rajdhani for its food is awesome and is very very very tasty. However, now I could feel that the people are good there  and have some respect for their clients - genuinely.

I felt so good for I could see the attitude of gratitude after a long time. I am pleased and I feel a sense of satisfaction and happiness now - not just because of the food, but also because of the good behavior we receive there. Well, about the rating I would give a 5/5 rating to the place, the food and the price. Rs. 225/- only. No where else you get so many items, so tasty, reminds you sometime of your Mom's food.

Hope you too savour some food there and would share your experience.

Catch you in the next blog...

♥ ~ Smile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...