Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I am in ♥ with animation

Animation movies are something that I am crazy about. Be it made in English, Hindi, Japanese or Korean, I love it. Reason being, live pictures don't seem to be filled with such vivid colors that we see in those animation movies. Also, the roads, the scenery don't seem to be so perfect in live pictures. And the creativity of the artist who makes those movements from layer to layer so perfect that it amazes me about their patience in building those layers. I am pretty sure making a perfect animation movie must be far more time consuming than the live pictures. Taking care of every minute details with the pencil and paper, giving then appropriate color, gradient, shine, twinkling effect needs a lot of care to observe things around. Creating those expressions needs so much patience and focus.

Take the example of Barbie, Tinker Bell, Alice in the Wonderland, Ice Age, Kung Fu Panda, Mowgli, Duck Tales, Tom and Jerry, Bambi, Princess Sarah; these are some of the mesmerising work. Making audience emotional with those 2D, 3D cartoon pictures is definitely a huge challenge. And yes the artists are making this possible. These movies make you laugh even more than the live ones. For me the most adorable animations are Princess Sarah, Bambi, Barbie, Tinker Bell, Ice Age, Kung Fu Panda, for these were able to involve me so much that I forget everything else around me, every worry of mine when I am watching these movies. And you know what the best thing about the movies are they all have a moral associated with it. The best way to present a moral is with animation and that too with the animals or the angles.

Ooooh Animation!! I am loving it for it's an entirely different world.

~ Smile

2 comments:

Jayant said...

Hey, its me again.... I think I can be a good critic.

Anyways, Like your thoughts on animated movies. you said you like both Indian and foreign animations though you have not mentioned any Indian animated movie.

I remember watching Bal krishna a good animated series on Lord Krishna's life, on one of the channels but not sure whether it was made by an Indian or foreign organization.

I appreciate the work by hollywood, british, japenese and even chinese animators as they put such minute details in animations which we can only realize while watching. Once we notice the effects we realize how perfectly anything can be conveyed through animation.

On the other hand, the Indian animated films are worthless and not at all fun to watch. It always feels artificial and like they are made for the sake of making it with no perfections. Its like the difference between handling branded and china made mobile handset. While using china made mobile handset you always know that you have a mobile phone which can give everything but the pleasure of using it like the branded handsets gives.

Thanks for reading me soooo patiently.

KhushiG said...

Thank you Jayant for your comments and for your time to read my article.

Its good that you noticed about me not writing Indian animation movies. As you said there are not much Indian animations that appeal to my eyes. However, there is one which appealed me, except the part where the war was happening, and that's Jumbo. Ah! there's one more whose animation was good too, though not perfect. And it's Roadside Romeo, the one which has voices from Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor. Hanumaan episodes had quite a good colors and gradients used.

Indian animations still need some real good artists with good skills with the softwares. I am sure we would have gr8 animations soon. Just as we have moved from the old age bright color movies to the natural color movies these days. Though I am not sure about the pace in which we would progress. But we would for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...