Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gift for a Friend - 06

A gift that I created for my Mom, for my home. These are made of ice-cream sticks, lace, small rings, plastic flower, bells, plastic stands. There are a few more with some other design which I don't have the pic at the moment.




I made the orange colored one in the year 2002-3 and the maroon colored one in the year 2008.

How to make it?

For the bottom stand:
STEP 1
Take 6x6 sticks and cut 1/4 of it out and shape the 3/4 piece's edges to semi-circle shapes.
Arrange he first 6 sticks in hexagonal shape and stick their edges with Fevicol.
Then above this pattern stick other 6 sticks in hexagonal shape only.
Continue this for other 6x4 sticks.
thus, we have the hexagonal base of 6x6 sticks.

For the rest of the pot:
STEP 2
Take 6x24 sticks. Arrange the first 6x6 sticks in hexagonal pattern in increasing order. When you would be sticking those sticks with Fevicol, the shape would look small steps formed out of the sticks.

STEP 3
Now, take the other 6x6 sticks and arrange it one above another, maintaining the hexagonal shape. You may notice the middle part it looks like a bigger version of the bottom stand. This is how it should be arranged.

For the pot's neck part, take the other 6x6 sticks and follow STEP 3 in reverse manner. Take the other 6x6 sticks and follow STEP 3 as it is.

Allow the Fevicol to dry. The decorate the pot / vase with lace, rings, bells, sparkles, plastic flowers etc. Decorate it just the way you feel like. And the pot would look beautiful.

I know the instructions are brief, but I can't help it. I feel bored to write detail instructions. :(

Hope you like my flower vase.
Thanks for looking!!

♥ ~ Smile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...