Sunday, September 6, 2015

Just a thought... The Shawshank Redemption Syndrome

Was watching "The Shawshank Redemption"... The part where Old Brooks was released from the jail and scenes afterwards, they felt so similar to me. "These walls are funny. First you hate them. Then you get used to them." These lines are actually lived by me. Not the jail walls, but the home walls with my family. I was so scared when I went Mumbai to join my first job just like Brooks was. The world looked so anonymous and scary for I was out of my home on my own for the first time. Everything was new, the culture, the people, the food... Everything! I wished then that I should have stayed in a hostel or boarding for sometime.

I am sure like me there are many of you who felt the same... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...