Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Who is mental?

I saw a person in hospital yesterday who was talking to himself with expression. There were other people with me who saw him too and said his mental state is disturbed or may be he is mental. He was talking to himself, just the way we talk to our near and dear. Who better near and dear one would have other than himself / herself.

After that discussion was over, I was sitting in the cafeteria and wondering about my husband who has undergone a surgery few days back, and then I noticed that I too talk to myself, about my worries, about what happened, what could have prevented and all the things that went wrong which led to the surgery. My talking was limited to my thoughts and an occasional silent / not much noticeable nodding of the head. Then I wondered that the guy who was talking to himself may or may not be a mental. If he is then all we people are a little 'mental' at some point. Some find themselves alone during the bad times and react differently.

One should always have company in hospital otherwise you never know when the attendant will also become a mental patient. There should be someone with whom the attendant could share the feelings. Keeping the feelings inside is a very bad thing.

To complete the article - who is mental? - I would say we all are at some point.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...