Friday, January 21, 2011

Gift for a Friend - 07

Me and one of my friends, S, we have been preparing a card from past few days; one piece of it at a time. Every time we looked at the card, we felt, something is still missing. It doesn't look complete. And we get many other ideas and every day we used to implement one idea on the card. Initially, when we were planning we came up with an idea, to prepare a big heart with quilled scrolls. Later we thought we would make “I ♥ U”. The letter I and U we would make with just quilled strip borders. So, we started work on the ♥ part. I made the border for it and left for the day.

Next when I came S had added D and M to it (my hubby's and mine), instead of D and A. So, we had some argument on it. And then I decided to cut the heart out. And I did and in the process the border was also into pieces. So, I removed the strips. I pasted anther border on the edges of the vacant heart on the card. I took a Red handmade shining paper. Cut a bigger heart and pasted on the back of the card to cover the heart. Now, the blue heart turned into Red and it looked gorgeous.

Then S and I started making small and big quilled hearts to fill the Red heart. It looked even better with the quilled hearts. Then we thought whether to do the ‘I’ and ‘U’ in quilled borders. S left for break that day and in the mean time I prepared a fringed flower. Then I thought for a while where to place the flower now.

In the mean time thinking about that I punched some flowers from my organization’s magazine. All brand colors. The prepared some branches with the multi-color leaves. It looked very nice. I arranged in with the flower and WOW... I got my idea. I arranged the flower on the top of the longest branch and it looked like ‘I’. That's it. I got my ‘I’ and ‘♥’. Now about ‘U’ I could not get any clue. I waited for S. In the mean time I cut out a blue butterfly from the magazine; added some golden and silver glitter spots to it. I pasted the branches and the flower and waited for S to return.

When he returned I showed him and asked him to guess. Alas! He couldn't guess. I told him about the ‘I’ part. Then he could visualize. I showed him the butterfly and asked him where to place it. And he just placed it in the right side of the heart. And WOW... We got our ‘U’. He showed me a white strip on the butterfly's photo. It looks like ‘U’. And yeah we pasted everything in the right place. And the “I ♥ U” looked. However, still we felt the space of the card is not looking rightfully used.

Next I took out two punch letters, A and D. Initially we thought to place in the blank space available. But no, it was looking messy. Thus, we placed the letters on the backside Red color heart. It looked great.
We thought for a while, then started working on the inside page where one will write the message. We punched out a chain of hearts, cutting a beautiful border. We used the border inside and used some colored tiny hearts to decorate the page. I had the punched out hearts from the border. And I started throwing those on the card. And it looked beautiful on the blue background. So, we arranged a chain of heart starting from the butterfly, moving upwards in twist and turn shape. WOW, the card looked great. Thus, we glued everything and yes, we got a nice and beautiful card.



S prepared a frame to cover the quilled card. It looked gorgeous with the violet patterned color printed paper. I don't have the picture of it as of now.

We gave the card yesterday to A for she would present it to D on his birthday. She was really impressed and was very happy. She looks beautiful when she smiles; I hope D always tells it to her. Anyway, the “I ♥ U” project is complete. So, I am moving to my next exploration with colors.

♥ ~ Smile
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...