Thursday, January 20, 2011

My New Project - Greeting Cards

It’s been very long since I have posted something of my own thoughts. Well, I have been busy with some other project. And even now I am busy. I have been preparing cards for my friends and colleagues for them to present it to some of their close friends/relatives/colleagues. Whoever has received card from me is really very impressed with the work done.

I started seriously enhancing my card making skills in Hyderabad. I would not have done that if I would not have visited the Himalaya Book Store, near to Punjagutta Petrol Bunk, Hyderabad. It has a good collection of designer hand-made papers, gift items, colors, glitters etc. Thus, I got my water color box and some A1 chart papers initially. I started drawing, sketching and painting. I enjoyed it. However, once I saw some hand-made papers with my room-mate P. I asked her where did she get those papers and she said, that nearby shop only has that. And that night I thought of exploring the shop. And yeah I found the whole range. I got some beautiful ones and started making cards for others and for my friends. I enjoyed making those cards.

The posting about the Valentine Card is one of the creations of that time. I have created many. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera at that time and thus I don't have the pictures now. But yeah they were really gentle, sober designer cards. I hope to visit those friends sometime, and hopefully they have the card yet, so I can click some snaps. Anyway, I can create those at anytime.

But yeah the sad part is in Bangalore the shops are a bit far away from my place and they don't have good collection also. So, I have very limited resources to explore my imagination with.

I have a dream and a plan to go to market with the cards I make. I hope you all would support me for the same. I would definitely update you on the date when I would go live.

♥ ~ Smile

2 comments:

Naseer Ahmad said...

your blog have so interesting information of Valentine Card, I think that some images should be with your this blog.
Plastic Card
Plastic Cards

Sudarsan said...

Interested in partnering in business ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...