Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I choose Red Buses now!!

It was a Monday morning. The speciality of Monday in mylife is that I am always late to office on this day of the week. So, as usual that Monday too I became late to office. However on that Monday my preferences changed about the buses. What? Why? How? I will tell that shortly.
My husband dropped me at the Marthahalli bus stop and I had to take the bus. I usually travel in the Blue Bus, the one where you can find all kinds of people, starting from IT professional to the kid, from poor lady to the students. However, my husband would always insist me to take the Volvo Red Bus. I take Red bus sometime and not always. I had quite good experience in red buses except the fact that most of the time I had to stand in the bus for 2-3 KM, during the peak hours, and then I would get a seat some how. I always wanted to have a middle class life so that if life throws some surprises to me some day I would not feel so uncomfortable. So, I travel in all type of buses and try to explore the kind of service I get in each kind buses available in Bangalore city.

That day something really vexing happened and my perception and preference changed entirely. I was late to catch the bus to reach my office on time. I could not wait to catch a Red bus and got in to a blue bus. Unfortunately I got the last but one seat reserved for ladies. I took my headphones and tuned in to the Radio. Still I could listen to the stupid gossips people had. The bus was packed with the day workers. And they were talking loudly. Anyway.. who cares them.. I am busy with the nice songs.

A middle aged lady entered the bus and was standing. I thought I would give her my seat. Then looked around to see if there any place available for her to sit. I could see two guys sitting in seats reserved for ladies. I asked that lady to go and sit there. One of the guy did rise from his seat and offered the seat to the lady. And he sat in between the laps of the other guy. Seemed to me that they were friends. Just after that a couple of minutes passed like that in normal gossip.

A couple of more moments and things changes. Suddenly the ladies at my back seats got down of the bus as their stop had come. Then two guys sat behind me, the day workers. They started gossiping in loudly in their native language. They were shouting to the best of their voice. Initially I felt that they are fighting, and thus I looked back to them from the corner of my eyes. They stopped for a moment and then started shouting again. This time they started to laugh too. That's when I could figure out they are may be gossiping about me or may be on someone else or may be on every one. Not sure what they were talking. I started to listen to songs in full volume. Still I could clearly hear their voices. They afterward started hooting too. I started feeling irritated. They spoke to the driver too loudly. And the driver was laughing and responding to their talks.

I kept quite and continued focusing on the songs being played at the radio station. They continued with their comments, loud laugh and ridiculous whistles. Still my head had started aching and I started feeling pissed off due to the kind of behavior I was receiving. My husband's words echoed in my mind, "Take the Red Volvo. You will go with peace and you can relax there as you travel. Its just a matter of 15/- more than the normal busses. You can enjoy your music there too and you can take a glimpse of the news too. Don't be a Kanjoos and catch the Red bus." I did repent that day for why did I catch this bus when I should start my day with freshness and positive energy.

To add to my annoyance the bus driver instead of letting us get off at the Domlur bridge, took us to the Domlur bus stop. Unfortunately I had never got off at that place ever before that day. I felt like scolding him and shouting him. However, I just tried to make myself calm for my energy spent on scolding him is not going to affect in any way and it would go waist. Why would spend my valuable energy on such a nonsense and stupid fellow. So, I kept quite, got off the bus, wondered for a while which way to go in the butterfly bridge. I crossed the road and went to the otherside. As I was already late I took one the standing auto-rickshaw and started for office. The auto-rickshaw driver charged me 40/- bucks, which was 2 times the amount the auto-rickshaw drivers take for that distance.

It turned out the be a costly day. Instead of spending just 25/- I payed 50/- and I had experienced those ill-behaviours and got some stress along with it. I had some ill behaviors and bad experiences with the busses earlier. However, that day the kind of stress and irritation I had, I decided that I would not go by those blue city bus or the pushpak brown color busses. Now I go in the Red bus. Though the amount spent is more than the blue busses, but you get the nice breeze and place to relax and savor some music. And I use the time to read the newspaper. Thus, I have some more time to spend with my family now. I am happy with the Red bus service. The only glitch are, some time too much coldness + some time the alcohol smell from the conductor / driver. But, I can manage with these with a jacket + two cotton buds + a handkerchief with perfume in it. :)

Red is good... I had enough middle class life. Now its time to think bigger, dream bigger and live bigger. I enjoy my journey now. I wish you enjoy yours too.


Catch you in the next blog... Until then keep smiling...
♥ ~ Smile

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...